Have you thought about moving to Thailand? Have you thought about teaching English in Thailand as a way to make a living, but you're not sure if teaching teens or children is right for you? Then consider teaching business English. As a business English teacher in Thailand you'll teach adults for the some of the world's largest corporations in Thailand. You'll meet new people, explore a new culture, and learn things about yourself you never knew.
Teach Business English in Thailand is an objective look at what life is like as a business English teacher in Thailand.
Each lesson is recorded in HD video and high quality audio and is brought to you in short, easy to digest snippets by an experienced business English teacher.
What are the requirements?
- I've provided additional resources. The only thing you need to bring is an open mind and willingness to learn.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Decide if teaching business English in Thailand is right for you
- Know what experience and qualifications you need to teach business English in Thailand
- Learn how to take inventory of your skills and list them on your CV
- Land your first job teaching business English in Thailand
- Understand business teaching contracts and how they work
- Know what type of adult students you'll teach
- Know what subjects you'll teach in the business English classroom
- Understand how much money you'll make teaching business English
- Understand Thai culture, the dos and don'ts, and how to use them in the classroom
- Make yourself unforgettable in the classroom
- Plan for practical life in Thailand
What is the target audience?
- Anyone interested in teaching English as a second language in Thailand, especially those who are interested in teaching business English.
A note about visas or other legal advice: Because Thai laws are always changing, it's best to contact the Thai government directly, or the language center you're interested in working for, for advice on visas.
John Wolcott is an ESL teacher based in Bangkok, Thailand. He teaches business English at corporations in and around Bangkok. He graduated from Thomas Edison State College with a BA in English. He holds a 120-hour TEFL from Text-and-Talk Bangkok, one of Thailand's most respected TEFL schools. John is passionate about teaching Thais how to use English effectively in the business world. On his down time, he enjoys cycling, swimming, muay thai, and hanging out with his wife and two daughters.